Friday, December 4, 2009

CCIL on CAN TV 12/3/09 - Guest Eddie Myers

CCIL alum Eddie Myers gave a sincere, heartfelt testimony during his CAN TV interview Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 4:30pm. Viewers called in asking his advice and applauded his efforts. On viewer offered words of encouragement to Eddie as he assimilates to being back in society.

Eddie Myers was laid off from his corporate job a few months ago. “I didn’t see it coming, it was a total shock,” said Myers. Eddie is a 51 year old, college-educated, hard working man who was hit by the recession. “I moved in with my parents for a short time and then made my way to CCIL. I wanted to take responsibility for my own situation, for my own life.”

Armed with family support and a positive attitude, Eddie made the most of his time at CCIL. He’s now living independently, working full-time and is thankful for social service agencies that are helping people like him.

Hotline 21 is a live, interactive, call-in show. Viewers are encouraged to call 312-738-1060 with questions or comments. This is a great opportunity to learn more about CCIL's mission, programs, partnerships and people served.

No comments: